Monday, November 27, 2017

Green Rich Iwakuni Breakfast

Our hotel in Iwakuni includes breakfast each morning.  We love when breakfast is included in our lodging because (1) less stress first thing in the morning, and (2) less money spent on breakfast means more can be budgeted for awesome dinners!  Enjoy this panorama of the seating are ... I think I was caught shooting it by our table neighbor.    

We brought our meal tickets downstairs, grabbed a plate and started checking out our options.  We did decline the attendants offer of a tray.  Later we noticed ... everyone else had trays.  I think going forward ... we'll add that to our process. 




The options for breakfast are mostly Japanese in style.  These included fish, at least 3 different types of rice, a barbecue chicken, sausages, and a variety of vegetables. 






 All in all, breakfast for the next week looks satisfying and promising.  We're still working out, however, the implications of our taste in coffee.  The options were as follows (I've also included a close up of the relevant choice).  We tested both "weak coffee" as well as the normal option.  The normal option is so strong it tastes like you're eating a coffee bean.  The weak option is so strong it tastes like you're drinking espresso.  Either are fine when mixed into milk at a ration of 3:1 milk:coffee, plus a few packets of sugar.  Perhaps coffee here in Japan is better suited to our good friend, Vance ... we're just not big enough coffee fans to handle this!  



1 comment: