Friday, October 11, 2019

AirBNB - Naples

After picking up our rental car, we had an address for our outskirts of town AirBNB plugged into Google maps and were following it along the way.  Except we never left the city.  It just kept going and going.  And it wasn't city like Arkansas, USA.  To give you a taste of some of the experience, check out this quick video:




Here's a pic of Hubby and our AirBNB host.  He was awesome.  His English vocabulary had to include maybe 50 works.  If that.  Technically, he is the father of our 'host'.  He and his wife live upstairs from the home we rented.  I wish I had a picture of the view we saw upon driving into their gate.  He and his wife came out onto the second floor balcony.  They could have been out of an adorable Italian Country movie.  I mean, these folks literally are growing grapes in their front yard!  



 I mean, these folks literally are growing grapes in their front yard!  


There were two kittens stalking the front door of our AirBNB.  Wifey LOVED them.  Super adorable.  


Inside the door, was one large room with a bed, TV, and dining room table.  To the left was a bathroom (not pictured) and straight ahead the kitchen (just over the partial wall).  




Our Rental in Naples!  Hubby was a hero driver!!!  I mean, amazing.  He navigated multi-laned not-freeways; single lane roads but 'rural' and city, and Wifey's directions which were using a GPS that did not match the street signs.  


Our gate and house keys.


Me and my new best friend!  


Some plants in the courtyard outside our temporary home:


Downsides to this home - the shower was TINY!  Like, there's no way you could shower and get out of the shower without bumping into something.  No washer/dryer.  

Upsides - awesome hosts.  Beautiful location.  Budget friendly.  Halfway between Pompeii and Vesuvius.  

1 comment: