In Istanbul, we stayed at a Hampton Inn. Our hotel was 7 miles from the Old Town of Istanbul which is about a 30-minute walk and transit trip. The price for our stay was similar to what we could have paid to stay at a local hotel in the Sultanahmet area.
| Our hotel on the right, viewed from the train platform |
Pros to where we stayed - quite large room considering the geography. Very close to the Marmaray transit station. Quiet. Free water!! Awesome staff and free breakfast.
Pros to staying in Sultanahmet - you're close to everything you want to see!
Seriously, for a major European city, HUGE hotel room.
Our bathroom. I'm actually super sad that I apparently failed to get a pic of the shower (it's off to the left. It was super large and tiled and awesome!
The front entrance, as we arrived back home after dinner our first night in Istanbul!
I was sold at the words 'free breakfast'
ReplyDeleteDitto, Vance!
ReplyDelete