Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wifey learns Radiators

Disclaimer - this blog post is solely from the point of view of wifey.

I grew up and live in the world of central heating and air.  Ya know where you choose a temperature you'd like your home to be and then magic elves blow the needed hot or cold air through vents throughout the home to make that happen.  This is now how our hotel's system works.

Our hotel room has 3 radiators which heat the space.  Which now has me questioning what happens in summer ... but that is a blog for another trip.

Radiator

'thermostat' dial?  Which has a range of 1-5.

opposite window unit

and view from the top
So for everyone, like myself, who are not experienced with these devices .... the radiators generate heat and become hot.  Which, similar to a hot oven that will heat up your kitchen or home just by virtue of being present.  When we first arrived and turned the dials up to what we assumed was warmer, I was concerned that the system was never "kicking on" because I couldn't hear the air blowing.  Well ... it turns out that's now how it works :)

In addition to these two units in our bedroom, there is a separate, smaller unit in the bathroom which is great for heating up that small area to shower etc.  For a one-room area, these seem ideal, however, if trying to regulate the temperature in an entire home ... I'm grateful for central heating and air.


No comments:

Post a Comment